Devops Lead (Terraform)
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to help our team establish DevOps practice with terraform and infrastructure as code. You will work closely with the project stakeholders, client and dept head to identify and establish DevOps practices in the company.
You will establish configuration management, automate our infrastructure, implement continuous integration, and train the team in writing modular TerraForm and Cloudformation scripts..
● Implement and improve CI/CD using jenkins or similar tools and scripting languages like shell, python or groovy
● Write and implement infrastructure as code using terraform with quality and modularity
● Propose, define and implement microservices infra architecture using docker containerisation and kubernetes.
● Identity, implement and maintain monitoring and alerting using ELK, PageDuty and other similar tools and frameworks..
● Build and maintain highly available systems following industry best practices
● Lead and guide the team in identifying and implementing new tools and tech stack.
● Build and maintain highly available production systems.
● Managing production infrastructure with Terraform, CloudFormation etc.
● Strong knowledge of writing terraform and infrastructure as code in a reusable modular approach.
● Configuration Management experience such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar.
● Strong Linux/Windows system administration background.
● Ability to present and communicate the architecture in a visual form.
● Strong knowledge of AWS, knowledge on GCP and Azure is a plus.
● Write scripts and automation using Python / Groovy / Bash (any one of them).
● Configure and manage data sources like Postgres, RDS, Mongo, OpenSearch, Redis, Cassandra, etc
● Strong knowledge on AWS security and auto scaling
● Experience with setting up microservices using docker and kubernetes using self hosted and managed services.
● Hands on experience with setting up logging and monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios, Cloudwatch, ELK etc
Experience and Qualification:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
● Min. 5 years of experience working as Lead DevOps and Site reliability Engineer.
● Must have experience with architecting Infrastructure solutions.
● Should have strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
● Expertise in AWS cloud operations. Good to have at least 1 AWS certification.
● Experience with Microservices ecosystem
● Should be able to conduct root cause analysis with the cross-functional teams after service disruptions to look for opportunities to improve, be proactive and prevent future disruptions
● Should have been leading a team of min 3-4 devops engineers