Lead Data Engineer
What we’re looking for
● Lead and mentor the data engineering team
● Create and maintain optimal and scalable data pipeline architecture
● Enhance the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Amazon Redshift and other data warehouses.
● Create and implement data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
● Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data Systems.
Required Skills and Qualifications
● 5+ years of experience in data engineering and/or cloud/web engineering or related Experience
● 2+ years of experience in leading the team and being able to directly communicate with the client
● Experience building, maintaining and optimizing data pipelines and overall data platform
● Experience with data orchestration frameworks and tools such as AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions, and schedulers such as Airflow
● Experience with implementing data collection strategies, data modelling, and data storage implementing ETL / ELT solutions
● Knowledge of at least one popular programming language used for statistical analysis, such as Python and R.
● Advanced SQL knowledge, ideally in MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar.
● Experience working with Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and Data Mesh.
● Experience with cloud-based infrastructure providers such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform. Additional Skills
● Knowledge of reporting and data visualization best practices
● Familiarity with business intelligence tools such as Redash, PowerBI, Tableau, Periscope, Mode Analytics
● Familiarity with DBT or similar analytics workflow tools