The National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Learning Center is an education tool that offers courses to high school coaches, administrators, officials, students, and parents. To maintain, support, and continue its growth, NFHS needed a new website with a simplified user experience, improved reporting tools, and updated courses.
A completely new coaching education platform
It was clear from the start: the NFHS Learning Center needed a new website. As the coaching education branch of NFHS, the Learning Center is a key component of fulfilling the organization’s mission. The problem is that its website desperately needed an update. Easier said than done, though. To do this, a flexible management system would be required, something that could hold the legacy database of courses and could handle millions of users. Webonise stepped up to the challenge.
Utilize cutting-edge technology to update the old, improve the inadequate, and let go of the obsolete
Webonise transformed the NFHS Learning Center website using Ruby on Rails. The redesign showcases NFHS Learning Center’s new look without losing touch of its fundamental character. Below are a few specific highlights from the project that demonstrate Webonise’s capabilities:
- Migrated all previous users and courses to the new platform.
- Redesigned the entire look and feel of the website for a refreshing visitor and user experience.
- Built a dashboard for coaches to easily identify required courses, to track their progress, and to print their certificate.
- Created a robust administrative course builder and management tool for NFHS to easily create and update courses.
- Added an administrative panel to help NFHS staff with user management and report financial data.
- Incorporated a flexible checkout system capable of selling courses individually or in bulk, applying promo codes, refunding users and tracking receipts.
- Rebuilt every course for the new portal using a newly-design course builder tool.
- Removed dated Adobe Flash courses and rebuilt them into HTML for a faster, more efficient browser compatibility.
A stronger and better digital brand in a powerhouse portal
The vast improvements and upgrades are a win-win for NFHS and its users. For NFHS, the new website fundamentally changed their standard process of editing and managing courses by allowing them to do it themselves without the need for contractors. It also made it easier for them to access reports, and share that data with state associations and partner organizations. For the public, improvements were made in the overall experience from searching and checking out to enrolling and completing courses. These solutions by Webonise provide the NFHS Learning Center with the online tools they need for sustained growth.
More of our work
NFHS Learning Center